Vegan Brownies... Yes Please!


    Welcome back to the blog my friends! Last week I missed you, but that's okay because I have an extra special post for you this week. You may know that baking is one of my favourite things to do and in fact, I often fill my spare time with baking. One of my favourite things to bake is brownies, and trust me... I have tried so many brownie recipes and none of them really meet my standards. I usually end up tweaking the recipe to suit my needs for ooey-gooey, fudgy goodness. One of my favourite brownies to make is my vegan brownies because they are super moist and dense. Finishing these brownies off with fresh strawberries makes them a perfect treat to end any summer BBQ. Below you will find the recipe and some tips and tricks to make the best brownies you will ever have!

 Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cup flour (you can use gluten-free flour as a sub.)
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 3/4 cup sugar (I've used coconut sugar before and it is excellent)
  • 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (reserve 1/2 cup for the top)
  • 12.3-ounce pkg. silken tofu (drained not pressed, firm and soft tofu can be used as well if silken is not available)
  • 1/2 cup nut milk (almond, coconut, cashew, and regular milk if you want)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup plain applesauce
  • 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, 1 cup of chocolate chips,  and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to combine.
  3. Next, place the tofu, milk, vanilla, applesauce, and coconut oil in a blender. Process until smooth and combined.
  4. Pour mixture from blender into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir together.
  5. Transfer the batter into the baking dish, sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 45 minutes.
  6. Let cool thoroughly before serving for best texture and flavour.
  7. Serve with fresh berries or any other topping of your choosing.
   Well, there you have it! By far the best vegan brownies (or just brownies for that matter) that you will ever have! Please come back for another blog post next week (probably) and follow me on social media to share your brownie creations @tyler_dziwenko. Comment below the next recipe I should share!

Comments

Popular Posts