An Open Letter For A Friend


 Dear Friend,

   I hope this letter  finds you in the best of spirits; feeling carefree, living completely, and enjoying life fully. I don't know what I did to deserve someone like you. You come in to people’s lives with a purpose and you change them. You make every single person around you better, without even realizing it. You change people, but you don't let them change you.

   I find that you are a person that people can only live without, if they have never lived with you in their lives. It baffles my mind thinking about life without you, and I can't fathom a reality such as that. I'm a better person around you and as I've gone through this year, busy as ever, trying to keep my social life up and running (we can laugh at this together) I've been thinking. About you, and what you mean to me. You see, friendship is a wonderful thing and although sometimes it doesn't turn out the way you plan it to, I think there's a reason why certain people are meant to be in each other’s lives.

   I know we have both gained and lost friends over the years but I know we will be friends for a very long time. Sometimes you will meet someone and immediately know that you are meant to travel through your lives together and others it takes time. You have taught me things, given me things, and put up with my shenanigans. For that I am eternally grateful.

   You have taught me more about independence, living each moment to the fullest, and being spontaneous.We need each other to get through this crazy thing called life. You have also shown me the value of a single trip to a convenience store. It becomes like a mini road trip in itself since we are stuck on campus or at home most of the time. Thank you. You have made my life a blast. And I can't wait to see where we will be in a couple of years. Probably changing the world or something!

   Lastly you are amazing, strong, supportive, always there for me, independent, reliable, a beautiful soul, spontaneous, hilarious, caring, compassionate, adaptive, smart, creative, and my friend.
 
    And I know you may not see yourself in the way that I have written here, but just know that I see it in you every single day. It’s why you deserve the world. Because you have the power to change it, you sure changed mine. The best is yet to come.

Sincerely,

Me

Comments

Popular Posts