What Are Those?!?!?!?!? // Reviewing the Weirdest Recipes I Have Heard of


   Welcome back to Cook, Create, and Contemplate! The weather is so freaking nice right now, I don't even now what to do! I wore a spring jacket for the first time in months! Literally dead. Anyhow... this week I was told I should review weird recipes that I have seen on the internet. BuzzFeed  made this article where they dug around and found vintage recipes that are super disgusting, so I thought I would review some of these and decipher just how gross they probably are. Note I did not make any of these recipes, nor have I tried... or want to try any of them.


   1. This is called Tuna and Jell-o pie... yup you heard that right. So I feel as if Jell-o is going to be a recurring theme here because lets be honest people used to put a lot of weird things in Jell-o. Anyway... if you were to take out the Jell-o you are still left with a tuna pie and (lets be clear) nobody asked for that! I don't think you could save this recipe unless you replaced the tuna with chicken and removed the Jell-o, and made some sort of chicken pot pie.

   2. Ham and Bananas Hollandaise. This one is almost too gross to believe. Someone actually made this, liked it, published it in a cookbook, and sold it to the greater population. Please report to the police if you were a victim of Ham and Bananas Hollandaise.

   3. Hot Dog Fondue. Honestly this one isn't that gross, it's just a hot dog that has been cut and either fried or BBQ-ed. Has anyone else actually put a hot dog in fondue (cheese or oil)? Because it's actually so good. No hate here.

   4. Perfection Salad. Dang it! They did it again. Why do you have to put things inside Jell-o? That's actually the worst idea someone has ever had! I don't know if Jell-o used to market itself as something that someone should put a freaking salad in, but please stop whoever you are!

   5. Lobster Relish. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?! Honestly REKT.

   6. Tomato Refresher. This looks like it's just frozen gazpacho, which is just cold tomato soup. I'm not against it... but it's probably not necessary.

   7. Steak Puddings. If you ever had to dissect a pig in biology, this is what it looks like. Enough said.

   8. Lime Cheese Salad. Imagine a group of little old ladies, gathering in the afternoon for a cup of tea... and lime and cheese salad! Don't actually do that because it's disgusting! The fact that this is topped with seafood salad just brings it to the worst imaginable, possibly edible salad.

   9. Super Salad Loaf. This is a block of bologna stuffed with... once again Jell-o, and mashed peas! What do you have to be on to make something like this?

   10. Shrimp Sandwich Roll. Are those freaking olives stuffed down the center of this thing? Gross! That is grated shrimp tossed with some mayo and rolled between bread. DEAD.

   11. Glazed Potato Salad. This is a brick of probably what is perfectly fine tater salad... then covered with a mayonnaise glaze!!!!!! My hope for society is diminishing the further we go.

   12. Igloo Meat Loaf. We made it to the last one! And this is probably the least gross item we have seen this entire journey. I eat meatloaf and mashed potatoes together anyways, they just skipped a step for me and covered the meat loaf with the mashed potatoes. I don't know why, but when I look at this it reminds me of IKEA, but that's just me.

   Well that has been our journey. Thank you to BuzzFeed for doing most of the heavy lifting here. Also thank you... to you! I love having you here every week.

   Cook, Create, and Contemplate.
   Follow me @tyler_dziwenko on all social media platforms.

Comments

Popular Posts