My Top NETFLIX picks to binge

 
   Welcome back everyone to another blog! Today we will explore another top five list. As many of us in the millennial generation do, I have Netflix and probably spend too much time wasting the hours away watching shows through an online streaming service. So ultimately I was thinking, if we are all watching so much Netflix, why not share some shows that are worth the hours of time you spend on there. Lets jump right into... My Top 5 Picks for Netflix!


  1.  Atypical: This show was recommended to me by my friends Libby and Jasmine. This series focuses on the life of Sam Gardner, a boy who is on the autism spectrum. It is a coming of age story that showcases a dark comedic root. The show is so good I watched it all in one night. There is so far only one season, but there are plans for a second.                                                                   
  2.  Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: By far one of my most favourite shows ever! UKS is a feel good comedy that follows the story of Kimmy Schmidt. After being trapped in an under ground bunker the "Indiana Mole Women" are tossed right back into society, having to figure out a new world after missing so much of it. There are 3 seasons, 13 episodes each.                                              
  3.  13 Reasons Why: 13 Reasons was based on a best selling book, and it is produced by Selena Gomez. This show brings up what could be an uncomfortable topic for some viewers, but is a must watch on Netflix. Following the suicide of Hanna Baker, 13 tapes are released about what caused her to make her choice. This show is a binge watch for sure, and it definitely keeps viewers on the edge of their seats.                                                                                                                    
  4.  The Toys That Made Us: The first four episodes of the series began streaming on Netflix in 2017, the next four will come out this year (2018). The 8 part documentary series focuses on the history of important toy lines such as Barbie, G.I. Joe, and Star Wars. Watching this series is a lot of fun, considering you get to learn many interesting facts about many popular toy brands.
  5.  Girlboss: The show is based on Sophia Amoruso's autobiography #Girlboss, which tells the story of how Amoruso started the company Nasty Gal. The show is a comedy and is told very well through a 13 episode story. Nasty Gal was a very popular ebay store that came into conflict as Amoruso tried to change the online store game. 
   Well that completes our list, you might not have heard of some of these shows but I guarantee you'll enjoy them! Whether or not this reinforces your want to watch them, it doesn't matter because I love these shows and I would recommend them to any Netflix watcher, old or new.
   Thanks for coming back to Cook, Create, and Contemplate! Come back next week for another blog and go to my YouTube channel to watch my latest vlog! Follow my Instagram account or tweet me @tyler_dziwenko

Comments

Popular Posts