I Did So Many Things: A 2017 Year Review

   #happynewyear we haven't talked since 2017 and now it's 2018 (I'm not used to typing that yet) and I'm excited to start a whole new year worth of content for you! I thought since 2017 was such an amazing, yet scary, year I would recap it on here...Cook, Create, and Contemplate!
   Starting with the beginning of the year and going until December, I will go over some of the most impactful events from 2017.
January- it's crazy to think that just last January I was writing grade 12 diplomas for biology 30, Math 30-1, and English 30-1. High school felt stressful, but in the long run I don't think I should've been that stressed. I put a lot of pressure on myself. I guess it turned out for the best because I'm in the program I wanted, working towards a career I will enjoy. But I'm getting ahead of myself.
February- also a busy month of 2017. I was occupied planning our grad as the vice president and also competing in school REACH. On top of all that it was also the month I turned 18! There is a lot of pressure when it comes to turning 18 and quite honestly I don't understand it...it's a little overrated. However, I was pleased to celebrate with my family while also going out with two of my very close friends for dinner and we also checked out the muttart conservatory.
March- planning for our graduation was at the forefront of everyone's mind during March, only two months away, we had a lot still to get done. This month was also one that could potentially change the rest of my year...I applied to NAIT for the radio and television broadcasting program! I was really excited and very nervous, from now on my fingers would be crossed.
April- so during April I wad chosen as a Leader of Tomorrow, in which we went and had an awards night and also were invited to attend a leadership workshop. My friends and I found it pretty funny however, we did attend and received this certificate that said we were Leaders of Tomorrow.
May- finally it was grad! All the planning we did from the first day of grade 12 was finally coming to an end, and it turned out awesome! I wrote a speech with my friend to thank the teachers for all the work they did to help is get here. It might be personal bias but I think it was the best one. Also during May I presented an environmental idea with my friend at the Reynolds Alberta museum. It was to help reduce excess use of well water. It was a competition and we were selected as finalist and placed 5th in all of Alberta. The final thing that happened in May (and this is a big one) I received my acceptance letter from NAIT! It confirmed my enrollment in the television program. Finally my fingers could take a break from being crossed for so long and uncramp.
June- more finals! When would it end? This time around, I had physics 30 and social studies 30-1. With those out of the way it cleared room in my schedule to start looking for places to live in Edmonton with my now, roommates.
July- house hunting was a big step for us, we had just graduated, been accepted into our programs, and were now looking for a place to move out into! This was big and let me tell you my parents weren't very excited for this. My oldest sister had also recently moved out, so my parents were trying to take it well.
August- we had found it! A place to call home...for our time attending school. We signed the lease on the 10th and planned our move in date for the 29th, this would be it, I was moving out. I was also saving up for school and rent, while also enrolling in my courses and organizing stuff for our house in Edmonton.
September- I had moved out, I started school, I learnt how to take public transportation (that was crazy considering I had only ever taken a city bus once in my life), and I had to start paying rent. Through my new classes and experiences in Edmonton I felt like a new person, being able to do anything I wanted, when I wanted to do it.
October- this is a month that lead us to this very moment right here... I started my blog! Not only was this a milestone for me in 2017, it created an outlet for me to express myself. I love trying to come up with new content every week, although sometimes it's really hard and I'm sure you can't tell... However, I love to fill my free time doing things I can share with you. I'm especially excited about something I have planned for later, hopefully this month, that might also crossover onto my YouTube channel, but I'm getting ahead of myself again.
November- it was a quiet month November, and not a lot happend, I was glad to have a little down time between school projects and just life in general. However, I started the preparations for the launch of my YouTube channel on December 1st 2017... The Fully Loaded Backpack
December- the last month of the year and the first month of my YouTube experience! I started uploading a blog on Wednesdays and a new vlog on Fridays, this was a lot of work, and a lot of late nights. I decided during my Christmas break to only upload the blog. It was my first project and I have more commitment to it (sorry YouTube) but the vlogs will come back this month. December also was the end of my first semester in post secondary and it was amazing! I had such a good time and made so many new friends. I wouldn't have wanted to spend the later half of 2017 with any other people.
 
It's been a wild, non-stop, crazy, full of laughter, lesson learning, rollercoaster of a year! I'm thankful for everyone who has made it all worthwhile. Through exceptional new friends and experiences, 2017 brought me everything I needed. I'm ready for you 2018, bring it on! I'm still in awe by everything I have experienced in 2017: I had diplomas, I applied for school, I graduated, I was accepted into school, I went house hunting and signed a lease, I started post secondary, I started a blog and a YouTube channel, and finished my first semester of college. It really has been crazy but I'm excited to see what comes next! I'll see you again next week! Now you can check out some more blogs, or my YouTube channel. Don't forget to follow me @tyler_dziwenko on Instagram. Thanks for returning to Cook, Create, and Contemplate!

Comments

Popular Posts