A Restaurant Adventure // The Sugarbowl


   Welcome back everyone to Cook, Create, and Contemplate! This week I am happy to introduce the first installment of Restaurant Adventures! This is when I take an adventure out into Edmonton, visit a local restaurant, then talk about it here and tell you if you should check it out.

   The first local restaurant I visited was the Sugarbowl! The Sugarbowl has been in Edmonton since 1943. The restaurant has been many different things, from a burger joint, to a coffee shop, and now a casual one-of-a-kind eatery. They pride themselves on their extensive menu of Belgian craft beers. Their vision has always been "to offer a place that is comfortable, a place that builds friendship and a place that is as much about the people inside as it is about the food on your plate." 

   The restaurant has a very unique atmosphere in the best way possible. You can sit and talk at a comfortable level with whoever you are sitting with. The tables are able to accommodate large groups, smaller groups, or even pairs. The inside is very rustic; the best part for me was the brick wall that was the entire left side of the restaurant. 

   Now to the food! I ordered the chicken and waffles, and my sister (who joined me) ordered the mac 'n cheese. Starting with the chicken and waffles, they were $16 and the serving size was well worth it. The chicken is buttermilk and spice marinated, topped with watermelon salsa, and served with a side of maple butter sauce. The chicken was very juicy, and the watermelon salsa was a perfect pop of freshness to balance off the fried chicken. 

   Now, for the mac 'n cheese, the smell was irresistible as soon as it was placed on the table. The base is an apple-wood cheddar béchamel sauce, topped with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. This is all baked in the oven to cheesy perfection. All of this for $14, and you can also add a protein to it for an additional charge.
  
 Overall, I had a very enjoyable experience at the Sugarbowl, and everyone was so kind. I definitely see myself returning in the future to try their bread pudding...I love bread pudding! 

   If you have a suggestion as to where I should go next, comment below or message me on social media; my handle is @tyler_dziwenko
Thanks for returning! Now you can go check out some of my other blogs, or my vlogs. Byeeeeeee!

Comments

Popular Posts