Blogmas #2: Ikea Holiday Greenhouse


   Hey guys, welcome back to Cook, Create, and Contemplate this Blogmas season! I promised for every blog this December that we would do something for the holidays, so today we do something crafty!
   During the summer I went to Ikea (not sponsored) and bought a tiny white greenhouse to hold my succulents in; I fell in love with it. I had been putting just little memory things on it: movie tickets, pictures with my friends, postcards, and stickers. I recently thought I could decorate it for the holidays by adding lights and some snow decorations, so why not do it together on the blog.
   What You Will Need 


  • Ikea greenhouse
  • Battery powered lights (Dollar Store)
  • Felt Mittens (I got mine from DavidsTea, but I'm sure you can get some from any store that sells holiday decorations)
  • Fake snow icicles (Dollar Store)
  • Scotch Clear Tape
  • Succulents 
How To Assemble

  1.  Apply tape to the backs of the mittens and tape up the snow around the inside edges of the greenhouse. After the snow is secured in place, you can place the mittens on the front glass and the back glass.
  2.  Next...time to add the lights. So I just placed mine on the bottom of the greenhouse (gotta have that up-lighting) but you could tape them onto the top of the greenhouse as well.
  3. The final step before you can take your photos for Instagram is adding your succulents. I added two to mine because they are a bit larger but if you had smaller ones, you could probably fit more into the greenhouse.
  4. That's all, you can now take all the photos your Instagram aesthetic craves.
   Well there you have it, a quick and easy holiday creation you can do yourself this holiday season. I hope everyone enjoyed this blog and comes back next week for Blogmas #3. You can now go check out some more blog posts or you can go and check out my YouTube channel, The Fully Loaded Backpack, for some more amazing content from me. Thanks for reading and Subscribe to Cook, Create, and Contemplate!




Comments

Popular Posts