I am Worried by the Utter Lack of Straw Varieties that are Available

                       

   I'm back, and you're back, and welcome back to Cook, Create, and Contemplate! I'm sure when reading the title of the blog you probably thought to yourself, "well doesn't that just sound like a first world problem?" If you didn't, two claps for you because you're not an overly judgmental person. Honestly though my week was really boring, and even though it doesn't make for the best blog post (insert eye roll) I am kind of glad it's settling down, due to the crazy stuff that has been happening to me as of late. This week we are going to tackle another contemplate post; however, we are going to go about it a little different. So today I will recap my week as usual, followed by what I'm going to make a monthly post: The Contemplation Question of the Month! This will be more interactive for you all who are reading. I am encouraging you to comment on this post or any one of the blog social media posts I will have up on my accounts. (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram)
   So last week, following the blog about the best potpourri (recipe included), I checked the blog stats and was happy to see that 257 people have been reading. We have an audience from all around the world including: Russia, USA, Canada, and the UK just to name a few. This is exciting! Although I know I write the blog in the state of mind of an Edmontonian, it doesn't necessarily mean there isn't any value for my readers across the pond. I'm literally so excited by this, so keep reading my dudes. That Friday, we had planned on having a Halloween party and we invited just a couple of kids from school, none of whom showed up.... Needless to say I wasn't very impressed, considering I put time and effort into making invitations! We ended up going to the movies with one person who had the decency to make an appearance. The movie we went to see was Thor: Ragnarok and it was freaking amazing! I wrote a blog post for NAIT Newswatch (it was never published) about the next five movies you should see, and this was number one... it was fantastic! Definitely worth the watch. After the movie we came home, and I decided to make homemade Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Let me just say it was already 10 p.m. and everyone was super tired; but the chicken was already thawed and we hadn't eaten supper yet. 
   Saturday I finally got to sleep in. Every freaking day of the week -now that we have fallen back with our clocks- I wake up to darkness and I come home in darkness! Not going to lie, this is kind of depressing. That afternoon I went grocery shopping; along with that I went on a wild chase to find green plastic straws for my sister who needed them for her class. After traveling to four stores, and going to one of them twice, we had to settle for green and white paper straws. What the heck is this outcome? Travels to four stores and every single store was fresh out of green straws! Either way I'm concerned about the imminent collapse of the world. 
   
   The rest of the time leading up to this blog is irrelevant.
   So this is the big lead up, what you have all been waiting for... The Contemplation Question of the Month! The question this month is What is something you are really scared of? This can be anything from a fear you don't really think is worth being scared of,  to something that is easily justified. As I said above, I will share first and then I encourage you to share as well! Your stories are welcome on social media or in the comments below. So something that I am really sacred of is kind of pathetic and a little random, but to be honest it's MOTHS! They terrify me, like really, have you ever killed one of those things with a book or something heavy? You smack it and remove the device used for murder, and poof its gone? Well I have, and like what? Where did it go? Why is this happening to me? The fact that this ugly butterfly just disappears into a little spot of dust and nothingness scares me. Okay that was my deepest darkest fear, and now its your turn. Go share your one biggest fear; there is no judgement here in the Cook, Create, and Contemplate community (insert wink here). Thanks for returning to Cook, Create, and Contemplate, and if you are new, thanks for stopping by. We hope to see you next Wednesday, go catch up on some previous posts now. Click on the subscribe button and comment below.

Comments

  1. Please feel free to leave a comment about YOUR biggest fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have automatonophobia, fear of wax figures, humanoid robots, audio animatronics, or other figures designed to represent humans.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts