Guys I almost died: Coffee Catastrophe, and other things I did this week

  I'm super excited to have you all back! As you already know this is blog post number two, and I am already grateful for all the support I have received since starting; it is more then I could have imagined. This week I will be introducing you to one of my contemplation posts. Within these posts I will regale you with: the events from the previous week, things I did, and definitely some things you can do yourself.
My RATV class at Edmonton City Hall for our field trip.
  Well, we can start with Thursday. It was fairly unproductive, my day was consumed by the progress of the blog, not very bad might I say (we have reached the USA). Friday: that is a whole other story, it started off pretty great; I went to NAIT early that day because I had a film project to work on. The afternoon was filled with a class tour of Edmonton City Hall. This was pretty fun, I was put on as a council member and our class debated the issue of having backyard chickens within city limits. Needless to say I was con-backyard chickens and we lost :( That evening three friends and I went to Deadmonton and it was a blast however, it was pretty scary! We showed up an hour early (recommended) and waited outside; we were lucky because the weather was decent. Twenty minutes before the doors actually opened, actors form the haunted house came out and interacted with us. We snapped some pictures, and moved up in line before going inside and preceding to pay. The tickets were $24 for regular admissions, but you could buy a fast pass to skip the lines for $40 ahead of time online. Honestly, we showed up early, purchased the general tickets and were in pretty speedy. The frights lasted about twenty-five minutes and were very real. Scare factor 8.5/10.
My sister's sorority, post catastrophe.
  Saturday was the worst, here is where the blog title comes into play. Guys. I almost died. The morning of Saturday the 21st started off normal; I was to go to my sister's sororities open house, seems easy right? Wrong! I left for the University of Alberta, planning on stopping for coffee at Starbucks on Jasper Ave. This is when things start to get crazy. I left my normal LRT station and get off on the underground stop under Starbucks. I start going up the escalator, alarms and lights start flashing throughout the station; not knowing what to do or where to go (because this has never happened before) I just keep going. Meanwhile my heart is going a mile a minute, and I don't really know the way up to the Starbucks. I eventually find my way above ground, still not knowing what those alarms and flashing lights mean. I get into the Starbucks (we stopped here last night before Deadmonton) where there is a usual crowd of people...until a man at the counter, covered in tattoos, orders a venti water and fills it with an unusual amount of sugar. This was the second clue that things this morning were not going to go as planned. The barista behind the counter informs the manager about the strange habits of the tattooed man; the manager walks over and tells him to, "please leave the store". After about the third attempt, the tattooed man starts to laugh maniacally (Heath Ledger Joker maniacal) and informs the manager, yelling, that he is in a gang and will leave when he wants to. By this time I have already ordered my drink (a pumpkin spice green tea latte: ask the barista to add a pump of pumpkin spice syrup to your latte) so I wasn't about to leave the store after ordering a latte I clearly needed after the LRT ride. The manager, yelling over the tattooed man, explains that if he doesn't leave he will have to phone the police. The actions of the tattooed man continue to become more alarming; he starts to try and grab stuff from the other side of the counter and items by the register. The manager phones the police and this doesn't make the tattooed man happy, at this time he is trying to hide behind the counter. I finally receive my drink. I was on my way out just as I overheard the barista say, "why does this always happen when it is my shift?". The rest of the day was just the open house and family time.
The Splash Poke I ordered Monday.
   Sunday was pleasingly uneventful after Saturday's coffee catastrophe. Monday was takeout night, I ordered
   Splash Poke and enjoyed it immensely. Tuesday was a long day of school, finished off with getting my DAVIDsTEA 24 days of tea advent calendar, before it even hit store shelves.
   Well it has been a full week of contemplation and catastrophes (insert wink here). I hope you will continue to join me on this journey of expression, and check back every Wednesday for a new post. Leave a comment below and subscribe to join the Cook, Create, and Contemplate community.
 
  

Comments

Popular Posts